Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Happy Living Room

The nice folks at Chairish recently invited me to put together a style board using one of their accent chairs. I love interiors. I love style boards. And I love, love, love Chairish. But let me tell you something: I don't know what I'm doing. I don't have special training, I don't even know what centuries of furniture work well together. Sure, I've designed a couple kids' rooms…but those are for my own kids. So I'm pretty sure that doesn't count.

I know what I like, and I put it all together. And it sort of works. For me, at least. I mean it probably doesn't technically work. But this is a room I could be very happy in and I  believe that's what our homes should be. A collection of things that make us happy. A place where we can be comfortable being ourselves.



Here's the living room scenario I put together. It all started with the sexy pink chair up top. She's outfitted in hot pink tweed and she's got fantastic legs. Then I remembered this artist that I recently fell in love with, and the rest just sort of happened. My favorite rooms have more of a "collected" feel. That collection is built over a lifetime, and each piece has a story--the sunburst clock you got from your grandmother; the terrarium your kids made you for mother's day; and that perfect piece of artwork you bought in college and moved all over the country just because you knew you couldn't live without it.

I love the young, fresh, happy feel of this room. I'm quite certain many of these pieces will eventually find their way into my own living room. Especially that side table…so nobody buy it before I get to it, or I'll put you on my bad list. It's not a good place to be. I promise you that. But if you happen to snag it before I do, congratulations. All is fair in love and living rooms, I guess.

And for those of you interested in a source list. Here you go:
Pink Chair
Fringed Pillow
White/Gold Lamp
Sunburst Clock
Gold Foil Pillow
Artwork
Turquoise Framed Mirror
Light Blue Sofa
Terrarium
Brass Side Table
Hive Vases
Zebra Pillow
Coffee Table
Rocking Chair

No comments: